- EINS - Enterprise Info System
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Software Applications Analyst
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Software Applications Analyst. The Software Applications Analyst (SAA) works closely with clients to identify, collect and articulate functional requirements; to evaluate need; and to assign priority. He or she takes the lead in identifying solutions that fulfill the needs and requirements within the relevant technical, time and resource constraints. The SAA researches, recommends, designs, develops and implements business solutions that incorporate software applications. The SAA's work entails analyzing, designing, enhancing, implementing and documenting business processes; coding software applications; integrating and interfacing software solutions using API's; analyzing, designing and implementing complex workflow processes; and administering administrative software applications. The Software Applications Analyst reports to the Manager of Application Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Software Applications Developer has many key responsibilities including:
- Software maintenance and development
Performing complex systems/software analysis; assisting and advising team members in solving highly technical programming problems; designing test data; performing quality assurance to ensure that programs work and are run efficiently; conducting code walkthroughs; writing standard code; implementing and maintaining highly reliable, available, secure software; and maintaining proficiency in all toolsets required to support assigned clients.
- Software application maintenance
Fixing bugs; developing and implementing application updates required to accommodate changes in needs, laws, or policy; proactively identifying and suggesting code improvements; analyzing existing systems; reviewing business processes; and reviewing existing systems and procedures for consistency.
- Software application development
Following basic SDLC steps; designing new systems and procedures; documenting design with technical diagrams and specifications; writing efficient code to integrate/interface systems or to provide new functionality; and developing test plans and strategies.
- Collaboration and professionalism
Contributing to committees and workgroups as appropriate; communicating effectively in writing and verbally with peers, clients, and managers; collaborating with others in the context of software upgrades, patches and enhancements with a sharp focus on end user experience; showing confidence in one's own skill while understanding the need for continued professional development and education; showing initiative in application development and application maintenance; demonstrating commitment to system uptime, reliability and customer service; and working with the team to ensure software quality and to develop standards and best practices for administrative software support.
- Project management
Adhering to standard PM methodologies; determining scope of effort and organizing time estimates and tasks; planning, scheduling and meeting deadlines; producing a high volume of work; and managing tasks in accordance with departmental priorities.
- Professional development
Actively seeking opportunities to improve technical skills and business knowledge; participating in the delivery of user training
on new or modified software; serving as a technical subject matter expert; and mentoring others and sharing knowledge.
- Experience programming with both procedural and object oriented programming languages.
- Experience with ERP (preferably Ellucian's Banner) application administration and development; knowledge of workflow engines and of programmatic methodologies for interfacing applications.
- Ability to implement and modify complex application software.
- Self-motivation and self-direction; ability to work independently; ability to work effectively in a team environment; willingness to take direction; ability to participate in group planning processes; ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments, initiatives and priorities; ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies, tools, techniques and methodologies. Open to change.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of technical expertise.
- Strong organizational skills, proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to complete complex projects and tasks with attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with a broad range of information technology concepts'including concepts associated with enterprise level information technology infrastructure.
- Experience with web architecture and tools to support enterprise portal and mobile applications preferred.
- Work experience in higher education and an understanding of higher education business practices preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 5,300 students, the university offers more than 90 academic programs. In addition to the many programs designed for traditional undergraduates, the university offers more than 15 undergraduate degree programs designed for working adults and 11 master degree programs. Over the last two decades the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more than $147 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked St. Edward's among the top regional universities in the West for nine consecutive years, and peers identified St. Edward's as one of a handful of "up-and-coming universities" in both 2010 and 2011. The university's newly adopted strategic plan, Academic Distinctiveness and Global Preparedness, reflects the university's commitment to prepare students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization and ubiquitous technology. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage the university maintains a strong focus on issues of social justice.
Austin is a dynamic, cosmopolitan, diverse, entrepreneurial and prosperous city. One of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell and Freescale Semiconductor. IBM, Facebook, Advanced Micro Devices, Cisco, Cirrus Logic, Google, Oracle, Samsung, National Instruments, 3M and Apple are among the many other technology companies with significant operations in Austin. In recent years, Austin has also become an important center for game and mobile app development. The city is home to a wide array of technology-oriented startups and hosts the annual SXSW Interactive festival. Austin is also an entertainment mecca. With more than 200 live music venues the city is "the live music capital of the world" and hosts the popular Austin City Limits live music program and the SXSW Music and Film festivals. The city regularly appears in lists of America's smartest, coolest, greenest and most livable cities. Forbes recently identified Austin as the U.S. city most likely to grow and prosper during the next decade. Known for its welcoming, tolerant and casual atmosphere, Austin was named the country's top college town by Parents & Colleges in 2010.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, application and resume online.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer, and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.
Posted: 6/10/2013 Available: Immediately
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!